The Lord told Joshua, "... as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you" (Joshua 1:5). In a similar way, Yeshua said He would be with us without ceasing, from now until the end (Matthew 28:20). Therefore, to some degree, through the Holy Spirit, the potential of the words spoken to Joshua are applicable for you and me even today.
One of Moses' greatest victories was the crossing of the Red Sea during the Passover exodus from Egypt. (I believe that Yeshua was also present as the Angel YHVH in the pillar of fire.) The crossing involved intense pressure and a possible disaster. Let's look at the elements of this miracle to see how to apply them in our lives today.
1. Submitting to God's Will - God told Moses to lead the children of Israel out of Egypt. Moses didn't really want to do it or feel he was capable to handle the challenge (Exodus 3). Yet he submitted and obeyed, doing God's will and not his own (Matthew 6:10; 26:39).
2. Lift your Staff - The children of Israel were trapped on the shores of the Red Sea and screaming at Moses. The Egyptians were charging. The situation was hopeless and impossible. God told Moses to stretch out his hand and staff over the Red Sea (Exodus 14:16). The staff symbolizes faith and authority.
3. Blow Mighty Wind - After Moses stretched out his hand and staff, God caused a mighty wind to blow (Exodus 14:21). Wind and spirit in Hebrew are the same word, ruach. After Moses took a step of faith, God sent a powerful spiritual wind to blow all night to open a path through the middle of the sea. God did it; not Moses. Moses believed. God provided the power and did the impossible.
4. Lead the People Through - Now that the way was open, Moses simply led the people through. God opened; Moses led; the people walked to the other side. They came to a totally new place.
5. Destroy the Enemies - Then God told Moses to raise his staff again. This time the Lord acted to destroy the enemies. Moses used the rod of faith authority to lead the people, to release the Spirit, and to destroy the enemy.
After this inconceivable deliverance the only conceivable response of the people, was to sing and dance and praise the Lord. "I will sing unto YHVH for He has triumphed gloriously ..." (Exodus 15:1).
Halleluyah, let us seek to walk in the spirit of joy, praise and victory even in the midst of the most difficult situations.
Donate to support the vision of Tikkun International.
There have been comments to this article ...
04:22pm 29Mar18, Liv Hicks: Yes, yes, yes! His power, our weakness, trust and obey ... great article!
04:44pm 29Mar18, Joanne Lepp: Agreed! This Passover is very significant! Not only to Israel, not only as we saw at Korea Global Gathering but in our personal lives as we cross out of threats onto His sure ground, His promises made real. Love you and walking together.
07:48pm 29Mar18, Patience: A powerful article! Thank you.
09:36pm 29Mar18, IL: Excellent article! Every subject on which Asher Intrater writes is worth reading. Only a Jewish person who knows Yeshua can explain both the OT and NT as he does. Thank you! We need a book about the Parables in light of the Hebrew customs to shed new light on them. No one is teaching on the Parables. Please write a book on them as Yeshua as a Jew and what they meant. Thanks.
02:09am 30Mar18, Suri Izaka: Powerful teaching. Thank you.
05:10am 30Mar18, David Howell: Thanks again Asher for your timely words. Things are changing rapidly in God's time table. Many are dull and sleeping and your voice is like a trumpet alarm to wake up and prepare God's kids for this final chapter. Continue to make Jesus first, don't compromise. Prepare for increase of persecution. Prepare the lambs for the slaughter, the days are running out, the day of his appearing is closer than we think. The fields are white with harvest. Those who speak truth are rare. Devotion to Christ must be the center focal call. "They followed the Lamb where ever he goes and lived not thier life until death.2 Walk before and fix yours eyes on Jesus. He is the Captain of the Lord of Host and he is with you.
12:35pm 30Mar18, Jamie Parker-Frank: Thank you for such a clear, succinct explanation of the deep meaning of Passover. I've never seen it explained so well before.
Tikkun International is a family of ministries.