Some have said that opposition to
radical Islamic terror is akin to racism. That is not logical. Consider:
1. Islam is a religion, not confined to one ethnic group (Most Muslims are
not Arab, many Arabs are not Muslims, some Arabs are Christians ... ).
2. Whether Islam is a correct religion and whether or not Muslim extremists
are true Muslims is not a legal issue but a theological one.
3. Whether Islamic extremist ideology has helped to motivate and cause
terror is a legal and political issue.
4. The majority of people who have been murdered by terrorists in the past
decade have been murdered by people claiming to be devout Muslims.
5. All forms of terror are against the law.
6. Death by terror attack is a form of murder making it a legal issue.
7. Since the Ten Commandments say not to murder, Islamic extremism is
fundamentally in opposition to Judeo-Christian values.
8. All forms of terror must be opposed, regardless of their ideological
9. Fighting terror is a legal and political responsibility.
10. The Arab Christian communities throughout the Middle East have been
horribly decimated by terror. If there has been "genocide" or religious
prejudice and persecution, it is first and foremost against the Arab
Christian community and secondly against Moderate Muslims.
11. Estimates of the slaughter in the recent war in Iraq, Syria and
surrounding areas have exceeded 500,000 murders. Estimates of those losing
their homes have exceeded 10,000,000. The number of women raped and abused
is countless. Most of the people who were hurt by Islamic Extremism this
decade were Arabs and moderate Muslims. Investigating Islamic extremism is
therefore the best way to protect moderate Muslims. If Islamic extremism is
causing terror, then the way to stop terror must include opposing Islamic
12. Most of the radical Islamic terrorist groups are found in the area
surrounding Israel on all sides. Although much of the current slaughter has
been between different groups of Muslim fanatics, the one issue they all
agree upon is their common goal to destroy the nation of Israel.
Anti-Zionism therefore is a significant element of Islamic extremist
This article was previously published on February
on the Revive Israel website and on March 4th
here on Kehila News Israel